The Top 10 Reasons to LOVE Poetry
- Poets have a different point of view.
- Poetry breaks the rules!
- Poetry can be about anything…even a paperclip!
- Poem in Your Pocket Day…April 24!
- It’s easy to collect and find.
- Poetry often has a fun rhythm and engages the brain.
- It helps build fluency and confidence in reading.
- Poetry is easy to write and share.
- It can make you giggle, cry, smile, *sigh*, and even break out in goose bumps.
- Poetry is FUN!!!!!!
Poem in Your Pocket Day is April 24! Encourage your students to check out poetry books from the library, find funny poems, write their own poems, etc. this month. I would love to see some great poetry around the schools.
Join me in getting our students excited about reading and writing poetry.