This is by far my favorite month of the year. If you are one of those people who aren't quite sure how you feel about poetry, commit to have an open mind. There is a poem for everyone!
- Poetry breaks all the rules.
- There are no "right" answers in poetry. Everyone can see the same poem in a different way.
- Poetry can be funny, serious, or lyrical.
- Poetry begs to be read aloud (and then read AGAIN and AGAIN.)
- Struggling readers and writers tend to feel successful in poetry.
- There are many types and forms of poetry, anyone can write a poem!
You may be looking for some inspiration for National Poetry Month. I will be sharing my favorite poetry books, links to great poetry ideas, and visuals of student poetry. Go forth to read and write poetry!